Monday, November 9, 2009

Adult Weekend Getaway!

So Jeff and I decided at the last minute to go on a trip to California without kids. My mom was nice enough to take the kids for a few days so we could get away. My sister and her husband had planned this trip to Magic Mountain about a month ago with a few of their friends. Jeff and I didn't know if we would be able to get off work or not to go. Of course the day before they left we found out that we could go. So we hitched a ride with them and headed for California. We got their pretty early on Friday and after checking in to our hotel we headed for the beach in Santa Monica! Both the weather and water were great. We got to walk on the beach at night and put our feet in the ocean. The water was great and we had a good time.

Saturday we got up and ate breakfast and headed on down to Magic Mountain. It was a crazy day. Of course it had to be a weekend when all the teenage groups ended up going. So we were surrounded by teenagers and long lines. All in all it was fun and wasn't to bad. I think the longest we had to wait in lines were like and hour and a half. This was for the new roller coaster called the X2 which was well worth the wait. I think my favorite in the park was the Tatsu which you ride hanging upside down dangling in the air. This was a picture I got right underneath the ride. We rode this ride about 3 times.
Of course you can't go to a theme park without taking a picture with a cartoon character. I am not sure but it always seems like a fun thing to do. Acting like kids, eating curros, and funnel cake who can beat a day like that. We both had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. It has been a long time since we got to spend a weekend together without our kids. Don't get me wrong we did miss the kids but it is refreshing to getaway once in awhile and spend time together.

No comments: