Friday, October 10, 2008

You Think We have Had Enough!

You would think that our family has been through enough and that we could get a brake. Are we being punished or is this gods way of continually testing are emotional strength.

Thursday morning was an early start for our family. I woke up at 4:00 am to a loud noisy and gagging. I jumped out of bed and found my husband (Jeff) sitting on the toilet having a seizure. As scary as that sounds he had thrown up and was choking on it. When I tried to call his name he was not responsive. I was just about ready to call 911 when he snaped out of it. I was able to lean him forward to throw up some more and clear his passage way. He wasn't quite sure what was happening. To cut is short I cleaned him up and got him back into bed. He said he felt better so I let him rest. I took him to the doctor and he said that it was due to food poisioning but that they are going to be doing some more testing to make sure. We have a CT & EEG scheduled to make sure that there isn't any brain problems. I will update once we have the test results. Pray that food poisioning was the problem and that it is not anything serious.

Jeff is feeling better and is getting lots of rest. Besides being really sore, there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong.

All I can say is that I have had enough with the emotional roller coaster that we are constantly having to deal with. Are we being punished for some reason? Why are we continually being tested. Have we not had enough already? Who knows but I have learned that nothing is impossible and that anything could happen. Make sure to love your family and friends everyday cause you never know what curves are going to be thrown your way.

3 comments:

James and Jenni McBride said...

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes it gets very frustrating when everytime you feel like you have your feet planted on the ground, they are swept up from under you again. I have been going through a lot of this myself this past month. Things start to spiral so fast that even something as small as learning that Jackson is severly allergic to mosquito bites has the ability to throw me over the edge. (Really, not a big deal and so easily treated but it sent me into a tailspin of tears and anger!) Then I have to take a step back and realize what I do have. I have a husband who is incredible and makes everyday easier because of the support and love he has for me and my family. I have children who even with all their trials and issues are here with me, now and forever, and make me smile everyday. I have extended family and friends who pray for me, love me. and want to see me succeed in everything I do! And honestly, I have the knowledge and the understanding that as hard as it is to admit, God won't give me anything that I can't handle (sometimes, this is the hardest one to accept!). I know He loves me and is my biggest cheerleader in life! We love you guys and I don't mean to even come close to minimalizing the hurt, pain, and anger I know you are feeling right now. It can be so lonely sometimes but just know there are a lot of people in Utah who are cheering you on and know that you are an amazing, strong, and incredible woman who can handle anything given time. We are here for you and you can call whenever you need support! (Seizures are our specialty, between Jeffrey & Jackson we know how those feel!) We love you Tammie!

kp said...

often times i feel as if i am constantly being tested because of all of the seizures i have because of the epilepsy. sometimes we are to see just how much we can take. through out all of my stay in the hospital and all of the stitches i sometimes feel like i am being punished for things i have done but in the end i realize its just the path that i chose. as negative as life can get and as miserable as it can too...we have to...i have to remember to be grateful for what we have no matter how big or little it is. some people are blessed with wealth and health. we may not be numbered amongst those but we will be blessed for our trials and finding our own happiness. remember that you will always have someone to turn to when you need a hug or a pat on the back. I know what Jeff is going through right now with this seizure thing. i pray it was a once in a lifetime thing and not a lifetime struggle like i have been afflicted with. I love you guys alot and i pray daily for your well being. I'm always around if you ever need help or...ANYTHING. we may only be steps but you are still my sister and i love you.

Jill said...

Oh m gosh Tammy, How scary! I know you have had your share of tests, but I know God loves you and is watching over your family. Hang in there and let us know what the tests show. Your family is in our prayers. Jill